The Elder Statesmen Group (the “ESG”) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing and managing safe, sustainable and affordable housing for senior citizens of Calgary, while promoting independence, quality of life, and right of choice.
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for the ESG. As a volunteer member of the
Board, a Director acts in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the
effective governance of the organization. A Director must be fully informed on
organizational matters and participates in the Board’s deliberations and decisions in
matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel, and advocacy.
We are looking for a dedicated individual with an interest in affordable seniors housing to join the board. Expertise in development, engineering, or architecture would be a particular asset.
1. Commitment of time and energy to the work of the organization
2. Able to serve a minimum of two years.
3. Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Board governance: policy, finance, programs, personnel, and advocacy.
4. Willingness to serve on committees
5. Attendance at monthly Board meetings
6. Attendance at meetings of appropriate committees
7. Attendance at Annual General Meetings
8. Agreement to uphold Board confidentiality
For more information on the ESG, please visit our website at:
If you are interested in applying or want to learn more about the position please submit your résumé contact the President of the Board, Gord Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org